Thank you for choosing Brisbane West Osteopaths to provide care for your musculoskeletal needs.
Cancellation policy: It is perfect normal to need to change or cancel an appointment. If you need to cancel an appointment, please call us ASAP (24 hours notice), so we have the opportunity to offer your appointment to another patient. Insufficient notice often means another patient, who needs treatment, misses out on an appointment.
No show policy: Insufficient notice cancelling an appointment (at least 12hours), will results in a $60 no show fee. I understand these terms. I realise I am financially responsible for charges incurred from cancellations or no shows.
We treat on a 30 minute list. We endeavour to run on time for patients. Please be on time so we have enough time to give you the time and care you deserve.
Under the Australian Privacy Act 1988, personal information is information about a living person which can be used (by itself or together with other information) to reasonably identify that person. In the Health Sector, we take additional precautions with privacy and are governed by the Australian Privacy Principles.
1.Collecting personal information
At all times we try to only collect the minimum information we need to keep to provide our services and to keep our records up to date.
The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us:
- when you contact us
- when you submit information to our website or in person (when booking online)
- when you talk with us in person
- when you ask for access to information we hold about you
- Collecting information from third parties
We may also collect personal information that is given to us or available to us by a third party such as a referring specialist or general practitioner. If someone calls on your behalf or provides us with information about you, we may collect the caller’s name and contact details as well.
We may collect information from your insurer or your solicitor.
When you use our website, we may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers and advertising networks like Google and Facebook.
This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. We will not intentionally collect personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
- What do we collect
To enable us to safely deliver our health services to you, it is necessary for us to collect and store basic and health information about you. It is important that we keep your records up to date and we have processes in place to help with this.
We will collect (as appropriate to your circumstances) the following types of information:
- Your name, address, telephone, email
- You date of birth
- Information relevant to your health (current and historical) including medications
- Family medical history
- Your work history and/or current position
- Medical reports, referral letters, test results
- Any other information you provide or we receive from third parties
We use an electronic web-based software called Cliniko to make appointments and write up patient notes. We use Cliniko because it has a very high level of security and encryption to protect you details both at the clinic, while making bookings online and from outside threats on the internet.
The programs are password protected at the clinic. The receptionists only have access to the booking and payments details. Only the Osteopaths have access to your medical information.
- How do we use your personal information and who do we share it with?
We collect and use your personal information to provide our services to you, including your health care.
Additionally, we use or share your information as follows:
- We use it for administrative and billing purposes.
- We will share your information with your carer or representative if you have authorised us to do so or they have provided us with your authority (for example under a Power of Attorney for health decisions).
- If you are under the age of 18, we will share your information with your legal guardian.
- We will share your health information with authorised health practitioners within our business.
- We will share your health information when we are required to do so by law. For example, if we receive a valid court subpoena to disclose information.
- If we refer you to a third party for additional therapy, we will share your information with the third party with your consent.
- We will use your information for recalls or follow up visits.
- If we are seeing you for a work-related matter, we will share your personal information with your employer (or prospective employer), their authorised representative and their insurer.
- We will also disclose your health information if there is an emergency which we feel warrants disclosing your health or other information. For example, if you were suddenly unwell at our premises and we call the paramedics, we will tell the paramedics all health information we hold about you as well as your name, date of birth etc.
We will also share your personal information (eg. contact details) for business purposes including:
- If you have received Medicare or health insurance rebates and we receive a request for information from that provider, we will share information with them to validate your claim.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties where we are required to in accordance with the law. We reserve the right to fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring or requesting us to disclose the identity or other usage details of any user of our online services, or in accordance with a properly executed court order, or as otherwise required to do so by law.
- 5. Accessing and correcting your personal information – Your legal rights
You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to ensure the information is accurate and up to date. If you wish to exercise any of the rights, please contact us using our contact details above.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Digital Marketing
We may send you direct marketing about our products or services. You may always opt out of receiving this marketing by letting us know by email. Opting out of marketing will have your details removed from our marketing list but will not change the way we use other personal information we hold about you. For example, you may still receive reminders about upcoming appointments.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please let us know what the problem is in writing to the email address shown below.
If, after lodging a complaint with us, you are not happy with how we managed your concerns, you can contact the Australian Privacy Commission, available at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Our details if you need to contact us
Business Name: Joachim K Enevoldsen ABN: 39185813115
Trading Name: Brisbane West Osteopaths
Address: Bardon Counselling and Natural Therapies Centre
151 Boundary Rd, Bardon. QLD 4065
Phone: (07) 3368 1300
Fax: (07) 3512 9333